I might have mentioned once before in my blog that I am pathetic at reading challenges. Something about them always sets me up for failure.
But, I am also very enthusiastic about them, and participate even when I know I am likely to lose steam somewhere along the way.
I also love to cheer on folks who do manage to successfully complete them. My hats off to you guys!
So, without any more ado, let’s get to the status of the reading challenges I took on this year:
- JM Kaye’s Young Adult Reading Challenge – 9 books out of 12 ( I am really sad about this, as I am pretty sure I will not get to complete this. This challenge ends in December this year)
- JM Kaye’s 1st in a Series Reading Challenge – 10 books out of 12 (slightly better but again not completing the challenge)
- and the most pathetic of them all… the Reliquiae reading challenge in which I managed just 2 books out of 4. Very bad show on my part. This challenge ends on Jan 15, 2010, so I do have a little time to scramble around and find something suitable. But I don’t hold out much hope for this one either 🙁
But, that’s not going to stop me from participating in new ones. I have signed up for two new reading challenges and am now on the lookout for more. The reading challenges I have signed up for are:
- S.Krishna’s South Asian Author Reading Challenge – I am from India, but I don’t always pay attention to Indian writers, so this will be a challenge to make sure I read more South Asian writing. I have signed up for the 3 books level, which should be relatively easy to complete. I have yet to decide the books though. Tentatively, I have lined up Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri, and Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh, and one other book. But, that could all change if something new and interesting pops up on my radar.
- Beth Fish Reads’ Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge – I have blogged before about how much I love the True Blood series on HBO and I am really looking forward to reading the Sookie Stackhouse series of books (all 9 of them). This challenge gets over by June 2010, but since the books are all quite small and light reading, I am pretty sure I”ll finish this in no time 🙂
These are the ones that I have definitely signed up for now. There may be more later. I already know that 2010 is going to be a packed year from me and I am really hesitant to bite off more than I can chew. There’s still plenty of time left for me to decide on additional reading challenges.
I am also thinking of creating a new Reading Challenge page sometime soon, so that I can keep a better tab on the status, so watch out for that coming up some time soon.
Let’s see how I fare 🙂