This is the first time I am participating in this meme that’s been going around for the last year. In this meme, a book is chosen by Annabelle and Emma – the folks running the meme, and then we add 6 books that are related in some way or the other to this book.
This month, the chosen book is The Casual Vacancy by J.K.Rowling.
- The Casual Vacancy automatically makes me think of the Harry Potter books, because duh same author. My apologies for being utterly predictable here, but frankly nothing else entered my mind.
- When I think of Harry Potter, another sweet YA Fantasy series comes to mind, and that is the Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage.
- Continuing in the Fantasy line where witches rule, is the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris, which are chock-a-block full of magical characters
- One of which is a vampire, which automatically brings to mind the original vampire series that I love to loathe – The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.
- Apart from the Twilight books, Stephenie Meyer also wrote The Host, which I liked a lot. I never understood how this little gem of a book that deals with aliens takes a backseat to the vampire novels.
- The Host reminds me of The Dangerous Days of Daniel X by James Patterson which deals with aliens but in the most horrible way. This is probably the worst book I ever read since I started blogging.
So, there you go from troubled teens to aliens in a strange planet, that’s my six degrees of separation for you.
Are you participating in this meme? Leave a link down below if you are 🙂
If you want to take part but don’t know how, here are the rules