The Confused Yuppie has been so kind enough to present me with the Versatile Blogger award, and I am seriously so thrilled. I try really hard that my blog should reflect all my interests (not just books), and so getting this award is great!
The rules of this award is:
Link back to the person who gave you the award, write seven random facts about yourself and then spread the love to 15 other blogs that you think are versatile, good, etc. Oh, and contact them to let them know you gave them the award!
OK, so here are some of my favorite versatile bloggers:
- Dummies of the Year – Hilarious blog
- Casey’s Korner – Because I know I will always like the books she recommends.
- Picky Girl – For the wide variety of books she reviews, and for her discerning “pickiness”
- So Many Books – Because I always find something very interesting when I hop over there.
Now on to the 7 random (did I mention boring ) facts about me:
- As a child, I wanted to be a veterinarian or a writer, but when I realized that being a vet also involves delivering babies, I decided to become a writer instead .
- I have an extremely active inner life. You remember Ally McBeal who played entire imaginary sequences in her head. Yep, I can totally relate .
- There’s not a single day that goes by where I don’t read a book. I also carry one with me wherever I go in case I am left waiting for something (doc appointment, school visit), I am always prepared with something to read.
- I need to know the sun signs of people around me.
- I love the endorphin high I get when I run/swim. Addicted to it, I actually get withdrawal symptoms if I stop for more than 3-4 days. Equally addicted to green tea. Two healthy addictions, completely negated by my addiction to chocolates and salty snacks.
- Although I read so much, I am not short-sighted (I do use glasses to reduce my eye strain when I am at work on my comp, but I can function perfectly well without them as well). My grandma’s dire warnings when she would catch me reading comics with a torch late at night never really materialized.
- I hate wasting time in beauty parlors. Some of my friends find facials, manicures, pedicures, and so on relaxing. Me, on the few occasions I go, I just can’t wait to get out of there.