I have been very lax about acknowledging the awards this blog has received; not because I don’t care about awards but because I really find it hard to word my thanks graciously. I have long had a problem with accepting compliments gracefully…all these years of my life have not cured me of dismissing the compliment with a casual “it was nothing” really, or “this old thing has been lying in my cupboard for years” or something on those lines, thereby dismissing the compliment casually and pretending that I am not thrilled to bits and flying on cloud 9.
Well, I don’t want to make the same mistake with my blog. So, I loudly assert that I AM SO EXCITED AND HAPPY to be receiving all these glorious awards from you wonderful bloggers out there.
Of course, with awards comes a little responsibility – to fulfill the terms of the award and pass it on to other bloggers.
For this award, I need to list ten facts about myself and pass it on to ten other bloggers. So, here are some honest facts:
- I am the quiet, smiling person in the office who is cheerful, but mostly keeps to herself. I wish I could be the extrovert but I am not.
- I over-indulge my daughter almost to the point where she is spoilt.
- I love exploring new things – whether different genres of books, sports, restaurants, whatever…I hate monotony. The only thing I am not fond of is trying out new electronic gadgets, but even that is changing a little bit.
- I hate watching TV but I love watching movies.
- I am addicted to blogging so much so that sometimes I do certain activities just for the sake of blogging about it later 😉
- I love taking photos, but am too lazy to upload them anywhere so they just remain in my camera taking up unnecessary space. I generally don’t even look at these photos later.
- I always make new resolutions every month only to postpone them for the next month. But, this year, knock on wood, I have kept all my monthly resolutions :).
- I love to drive so much so that even traffic jams don’t faze me. In fact, I simply love to go out. I hate staying at home on weekends, get really depressed…
- I love my career – I mean I simply love it. I get paid for writing, could you imagine anything more awesome!! I write technical manuals but even then, I GET PAID FOR WRITING!! And I never even planned it that way :).
- I am an inner shopaholic. By that I mean I always dream about the beautiful stuff I want to get for myself/house/snubnose/Kalyan, but when I see the price tag, I always back out. And unfortunately, the price is usually quite high. All my friends tell me that I always gravitate to the most expensive thing in the store; and when everything else looks ordinary, then I decide that I just won’t bother at all.
Well…those are my ten honest facts. I now pass on this award to other bloggers:
The next award I received is the Beautiful Blogger award from Vaishnavi
I pass on this award to:
- Bermuda Onion
The last award I received is the Thank you award from Megz:
This award I pass on to all the regular readers and commentators on my blog. You know who you are :). Sincere thanks for visiting my blog and and tolerating my ramblings, which sometimes can be a bit random.
Thanks a lot you guys…