I took my time making new year resolutions this year because I have been so tied up with stuff, it has been difficult to think of anything beyond this week.
In addition, this was a very social week for me (lots of lunches and dinners), and because one of my new year resolutions has to do with food, I thought it better to wait till the dust settles down.
My new year resolutions are not that exciting or that different from last year’s ones. Just that, this time I hope by making it public, I may actually be forced to stick to some of them
So, here goes:
- Work out regularly
- Take care of health
- Travel more
- Shop more. This might seem like an odd resolution to make. But, really I have not shopped much at all ever since the snubnose came into my life. I kept thinking that I will buy nice, new things once I lose weight, but that never happened. And even though I have made my health and fitness resolutions, I really doubt that I am going to get back to my pre-baby weight. So, what I am gonna do is buy good stuff that suits me for the way I look now and just carry it off to the best of my ability.
- Really be there in the moment – several times, I realize that I am not giving the moment complete attention, I am worrying about some other things such as cooking dinner, submitting my work on time, yadda, yadda, yadda. This gives me a pre-occupied air at times, and at times I suddenly realize everyone is having a whale of a time, and I have gone into my inner world. Something that I don’t know that I can change, but on this list nevertheless.
- And as always, work more efficiently, better myself, my writing style, my technical knowledge, and keep on improving
- Blogging and reading resolutions? I am quite happy with both and can’t really think of anything right now. I am not saying that there is nothing to improve, there’s plenty more I can do. It’s just not going to as high a priority as some of my others. Last year, blogging was a big priority. I was sick of writing stuff, which no one was reading. I decided that I would really work on improving my blog and I am pretty happy with what I have achieved so far. In the process, I am having a lot of fun with it as well
AND here’s the biggie, the tough one, the one I desperately want to break
- No chocolate. This is such a difficult one for a chocolate freak like me. All during my teens and twenties, I used to eat at least one chocolate bar a day. It didn’t affect me in any way at all. All that serotonin just made me feel good. I did reduce my chocolate eating last year to just twice a week, but still I feel I eat too much. I don’t even enjoy eating it as much as I used to; it’s just become a matter of habit. Two years back, I successfully kicked my chain coffee-drinking habit, so fingers crossed that this year I will be able to break this one.
So, what do you think? Do you think I have taken too much on?
What are your new year resolutions?