I have been a little tardy with my blog lately. I received the WordPress annual blog report almost two weeks back, and it’s only now that I am able to talk about it here.
As per WordPress, my top five posts in 2013 were some oldies but goodies:
- Gulliver’s Travels – A Book Review
- A Simple Way to lose weight?
- David Copperfield
- Q and A/Slumdog Millionaire-A Book Review
- Khalil Gibran’s Poem on Marriage
I suspect a few of those hits on Gulliver’s Travels and David Copperfield are from students trying to take a short cut with their school essays .
Apart from the above posts, this one post – Disneyland – The Happiest Place on the Planet went viral on April 17th raking in almost 462 views. I have no idea what happened on that day for a personal travel post (to Disneyland no less) to rake in such high (for me) page views, but there you go, some things can never be explained.
I also want to give a shout out to some of my blogger buddies who regularly comment on this blog. They are also great bloggers whose posts I always enjoy, so why don’t you hop on over and give them a visit:
- Madhu from dreamzandclouds
- Cleo from Cleopatra Loves Books
- Jenny from Reading the End
- Veens from Our Ordinary Life
Are you wondering how come I have only 4 on this list, well the report added me to the list as well. I am satisfied as one of my blogger goals last year was to respond to comments in time and acknowledge people who are nice enough to say hi.
Curious what my other blogger goals for 2013 were? I never mentioned it on my blog as I really didn’t think I’d follow through but I am pleasantly surprised by what I was able to get done.
- Go self-hosted – Done
- Create a Facebook page for my blog – Done
- Recover my Google page rank after my domain name change – Done. My Google page rank is back up to 5, the same as during my old wordpress.com days.
- Use more graphics on my blog – I haven’t done as much as I would like to do.
- Try my hand at vlogging – I heard my nasal voice on the first vlog I recorded and I didn’t dare publish. This is probably one blogger goal I am better off missing
- Increase my blog follower count – When I went self-hosted, I think I lost a few followers, I hoped to regain them back soon, but so far no dice.
Do I have any blogging goals for 2014? I am not sure, really. I need some help from you on this.
I’d like to know what kind of posts you like the most/least on my blog and what you’d like to see here in 2014.
So, what do you like the most about this blog? What do you like the least?
Your responses could be anything – look of the blog, too many book reviews, too few book reviews, too many personal posts, too few personal posts, pet peeves, peeves with the commenting system, the look, the widgets, whatever you feel like.
I am looking for honest truths, so go ahead and let loose in the comments. I have a pretty thick skin .