The Versatile Blogger Award
The Confused Yuppie has been so kind enough to present me with the Versatile Blogger award, and I am seriously so thrilled. I try really hard that my blog should reflect all my interests (not just books), and so getting this award is great!
The rules of this award is:
Link back to the person who gave you the award, write seven random facts about yourself and then spread the love to 15 other blogs that you think are versatile, good, etc. Oh, and contact them to let them know you gave them the award!
OK, so here are some of my favorite versatile bloggers:
- Dummies of the Year – Hilarious blog
- Casey’s Korner – Because I know I will always like the books she recommends.
- Picky Girl – For the wide variety of books she reviews, and for her discerning “pickiness”
- So Many Books – Because I always find something very interesting when I hop over there.
Now on to the 7 random (did I mention boring ;)) facts about me:
- As a child, I wanted to be a veterinarian or a writer, but when I realized that being a vet also involves delivering babies, I decided to become a writer instead :).
- I have an extremely active inner life. You remember Ally McBeal who played entire imaginary sequences in her head. Yep, I can totally relate :).
- There’s not a single day that goes by where I don’t read a book. I also carry one with me wherever I go in case I am left waiting for something (doc appointment, school visit), I am always prepared with something to read.
- I need to know the sun signs of people around me.
- I love the endorphin high I get when I run/swim. Addicted to it, I actually get withdrawal symptoms if I stop for more than 3-4 days. Equally addicted to green tea. Two healthy addictions, completely negated by my addiction to chocolates and salty snacks.
- Although I read so much, I am not short-sighted (I do use glasses to reduce my eye strain when I am at work on my comp, but I can function perfectly well without them as well). My grandma’s dire warnings when she would catch me reading comics with a torch late at night never really materialized.
- I hate wasting time in beauty parlors. Some of my friends find facials, manicures, pedicures, and so on relaxing. Me, on the few occasions I go, I just can’t wait to get out of there.
I have been very lax about acknowledging the awards this blog has received; not because I don’t care about awards but because I really find it hard to word my thanks graciously. I have long had a problem with accepting compliments gracefully…all these years of my life have not cured me of dismissing the compliment with a casual “it was nothing” really, or “this old thing has been lying in my cupboard for years” or something on those lines, thereby dismissing the compliment casually and pretending that I am not thrilled to bits and flying on cloud 9.
Well, I don’t want to make the same mistake with my blog. So, I loudly assert that I AM SO EXCITED AND HAPPY to be receiving all these glorious awards from you wonderful bloggers out there.
Of course, with awards comes a little responsibility – to fulfill the terms of the award and pass it on to other bloggers.
The first award I received is The Honest Scrap award from Sumana and Vaishnavi
Thanks, you guys
For this award, I need to list ten facts about myself and pass it on to ten other bloggers. So, here are some honest facts:
- I am the quiet, smiling person in the office who is cheerful, but mostly keeps to herself. I wish I could be the extrovert but I am not.
- I over-indulge my daughter almost to the point where she is spoilt.
- I love exploring new things – whether different genres of books, sports, restaurants, whatever…I hate monotony. The only thing I am not fond of is trying out new electronic gadgets, but even that is changing a little bit.
- I hate watching TV but I love watching movies.
- I am addicted to blogging so much so that sometimes I do certain activities just for the sake of blogging about it later
- I love taking photos, but am too lazy to upload them anywhere so they just remain in my camera taking up unnecessary space. I generally don’t even look at these photos later.
- I always make new resolutions every month only to postpone them for the next month. But, this year, knock on wood, I have kept all my monthly resolutions :).
- I love to drive so much so that even traffic jams don’t faze me. In fact, I simply love to go out. I hate staying at home on weekends, get really depressed…
- I love my career – I mean I simply love it. I get paid for writing, could you imagine anything more awesome!! I write technical manuals but even then, I GET PAID FOR WRITING!! And I never even planned it that way :).
- I am an inner shopaholic. By that I mean I always dream about the beautiful stuff I want to get for myself/house/snubnose/Kalyan, but when I see the price tag, I always back out. And unfortunately, the price is usually quite high. All my friends tell me that I always gravitate to the most expensive thing in the store; and when everything else looks ordinary, then I decide that I just won’t bother at all.
Well…those are my ten honest facts. I now pass on this award to other bloggers:
The next award I received is the Beautiful Blogger award from Vaishnavi
The Beautiful Blogger Award from Vaishnavi
I pass on this award to:
- Bermuda Onion
The last award I received is the Thank you award from Megz:
The Thank You Award
This award I pass on to all the regular readers and commentators on my blog. You know who you are :). Sincere thanks for visiting my blog and and tolerating my ramblings, which sometimes can be a bit random.
Thanks a lot you guys…
I’ve been sick as a dog for the past couple of days…Thai food, yummy as it is does that to me sometimes. So, you can imagine what a pleasant bit of news it was to learn that my blog has been awarded again, and even more pleasant is the feeling of awarding some more of my favorite bloggers :).
So, without more ado, here goes:
Thank you so much, Kal :).
As part of my obligations in receiving this award, I need to answer these questions:
- Where is your favorite place to read a book?
On the sofa snuggling under a blanket (only in winter, of course)
- Do you snack while reading?
Depends. I usually tend to snack on junk while reading trashy novels
- Are you a book borrower or book collector?
Primarily book borrower. I live in a small apartment where my books have to fight for shelf space along with my daughter’s picture books. So, for the time being I am strictly a book borrower. Dreaming of a time when I will have a book shelf strictly for myself, sigh.
- What is the best book you’ve read recently?
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
Q & A over, I now pass on this award to some of my new fave bloggers that I have discovered recently:
I also received 2! awards from Meg. WOW! Thanks so much
The Honest Scrap Award
The Blogger Buddy Award from Megz
I pass on the Honest Scrap award to:
I pass on the Blogger Buddy awards to:
from Sumana over at IREAD…
The Happy 101 Award
The award asks that you make a list of ten things that make you happy. Here is my list:
- Receiving awards from bloggers whose blogs you love. Thanks again Sumana for making my day
- Receiving comments on posts that I have really taken pains to write.
- Having some special mommy-daughter time with the snubnose where just the two of us go out and do some fun stuff together, and completely enjoy being silly.
- Seeing my waistline shrink (a phenomena that occurs very rarely, unfortunately)
- Getting appreciation/raise at work.
- Reading a book that really tickles my funny bone. Any P.G Wodehouse book generally does the trick for me, but I particularly love the Blandings series. Well-written chick-lit ala Bridget Jones also works. Nothing more depressing than reading bad chick-lit though.
- Traveling to new places
- Shopping – especially when I score a great bargain or manage to discover some new and wonderful shop that I can share with my friends.
- Nice fullthoo gossip session with my friends over drinks and dinner, where we get totally wasted and end up laughing uncontrollably
- Food rich in serotonin like pasta and chocolates will always do the trick if none of the above is happening in my life
I now pass on the happiness to some of my other favorite bloggers out there who always bring a smile to my face:
- Shilpa from A Rose is a Rose is a Rose for her witty take on day-to-day life.
- Alita from Alita.reads because I love how she combines such appropriate soundtracks with the books she’s reading.
- Aimee from My Fluttering Heart because who cannot smile at the pinkness and the beautiful imagery of her blog. I literally drooled over those macarons, Aimee…keep them coming. Also, she’s got some really awesome blogs listed on the sidebar.
- Kal from At Pemberley because we seem to always love the same books.
- Shona from Shona’s Book Shelves because I am so happy she’s getting back to blogging
I also received another award from Kal some time ago. This is the lovely blog award. Thank you, Kal
The One Lovely Blog Award
I need to pass this award on to 5 new bloggers that I have recently discovered, and I pass these awards on to:
Thanks for the awards folks, and for the chance to spread the cheer
For the bloggers who received the “happy” awards, I would love to read your posts on what makes you happy.
Thanks to the lovely Sumana over at I Read for giving this award to me.
It is my pleasure to pass on this award to:
A special mention to Shilpa from A Rose is a Rose is a Rose who has already been awarded this award so many times. Thanks for the great blog posts, Shilpa
awards that is
Thank you Prashansa so much for this. I am beyond thrilled to receive this award!
The nicest award a blog can get :)
I pass this award on to:
Another lovely, totally unexpected award that I received is The International Bloggers Community Award from Makk. This award I pass on to:
The International Bloggers Community Award
Thanks again for all the love
Aww! Thanks so much for this award Shilpa. Coming from you, this award means a lot!
Now, to pass on the happiness to others.
- Liberty London Girl – who blogs with so much wit and heart on all things stylish. How could I not pass on this award to her?
- My Fluttering Heart – who writes the most lyrical book reviews I have ever read. Also, one of the most well-designed and yes, stylish blogs I have had the pleasure to visit.
- A Simple Story – who has some really good nature photography
- Books Like Breathing – for her crisp and concise book reviews. I just know that if she approves of a book, then that is something I would like as well.
- Confused Rants – whose blog I just discovered, and am already loving
Well that’s that folks! Do collect your award. Please post about it with a link back to my blog, and pass the joy to 5 other readers with a short note as to why you love their blogs
So, go ahead, and spread the cheer!
Humane as being characterized by kindness, mercy, or compassion; marked by an emphasis on humanistic values and concerns.
Wow, I am so honored. Thank you so much, Shilpa. I hope to live up to this award.
I still need to decide who to pass on this award to…will update this post later with my nominations
And the award goes to…
Grace from Grace’s Book Blog has very generously awarded me the Zombie Chicken Award
The Zombie Chicken Award
The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken – excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all.
There are so many great blogs out there that I love that I have happily exceeded 5. I am passing this award on to:
On an aside, doesn’t the color of the award match perfectly with the background? I am loving the way it looks