Pycnogenol initially represented all types of proanthocyanidin extracts, regardless of source of such extraction. But, now it refers to French maritime pine bark. The mixture of proanthocyanidins in pine bark supports vascular endothelial functions by strengthening collagenous membranes. Pycnogenol also promotes vascular function by controlling nitric oxide levels. In addition to simplifying vitamin C regeneration and preserving vitamin E to a great extract, Pycnogenol is a hydroxyl and superoxide radical nullifier. Collectively, these actions promote the health of blood vessels. Pycnogenol contains a 65-75% proanthocyanidins by weight.
Ingredients in Pycnogenol 50mg
Following are the major ingredients in Pycnogenol 50mg –
- French maritime pine (pinus pinaster) extract
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose)
- Ascorbyl palmitate
- Vegetarian capsule
Benefits of Pycnogenol 50mg
Pycnogenol 50mg has several health benefits:
- Protection against cardiovascular issues – In spite of advances in medical science, atherosclerosis, several cardiovascular diseases, and heart failure etc. have remained leading cause of death and disability. Several studies have shown that Pycnogenol 50mg remarkably reduces the risk of several cardiovascular diseases.
- Protection against oxidative damage – Oxidative stress advances ageing and causes multiple of diseases in the human body. It can even permanently damage several organs and the brain. Pycnogenol protects the heart and blood vessels from oxidative damages. It also protects the nerve cells from damage from oxidative stress.
- Controls blood sugar – Pycnogenol 50mg capsules reduces high blood sugar and controls the blood sugar level. Individuals who try taking 50mg Pycnogenol pills soon feel better and energetic. Diabetics often suffer from microvascular damage to their nerves, which may produce painful and risky diabetic neuropathy. Pycnogenol helps to improve this condition too.
- Protection of nerve cells – Right from dementia to depression is successfully treated with Pycnogenol. Its antioxidant property and other unique characteristics like the ability of neutralize free radicals, ability to control diabetes and reducing oxidative stress help to protect the nerve cells or lessen neurodegenerative conditions.
- Skin health – several studies have revealed that when Pycnogenol can protect the skin from early aging symptoms, and the risk of cancer caused by UV radiation. It is also found that Pycnogenol supplementation keeps the skin hydrated and elasticity of the skin intact in post-menopausal women.
Apart from the above mentioned major issues, people who try taking 50 mg Pycnogenol pills could control asthma, high BP and general pains quite under control. The supplement is also suitable in tetanus, retinopathy and traumatic brain injury.
Researchers all across the globe are constantly researching on different aspects of Pycnogenol and pine bark extract supplements. Many new uses and utilities of this supplement is opening up. Some of these new findings are as follows:
- It is found to heal ulceration of the skin of diabetics
- Reduces many symptoms of migraine pains
- It seems to be a remedy for erectile dysfunction
- It is going to a remedy for the symptoms of hemorrhoids
- It also works wonderfully against osteoarthritis
Pycnogenol 50gm pills are safe to use, but it is always feasible to consult an expert before fixing a dose. Depending upon the issue doses change. Many people still prefer pine bark extracts over the pills, but Psychogenic pills have been found containing all features of the ingredient.