Today, the bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish have asked us to list a book-related bucket list.
I am pretty sure most bloggers would have something similar or along these lines, but still in the hope that I have a single original thought in my head, I list my bookish bucket list.
- Start a library in Bangalore and stock it with all my favorite books, and the latest and greatest also. It would be so easy to justify the cost to K. It’s for the business!!!
- Write a super-amazing book. Actually get published. And sell a few copies. OK, OK, I wouldn’t probably be satisfied with just a few. I would need to sell millions to actually feel fully content.
- Visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I just die a little of envy each time I read about yet another blogger visiting this magical land. Don’t tell me this description of a ride called The Forbidden Journey doesn’t entrance you:[item title=”The Forbidden Journey”]A ride unlike any you’ve ever seen, the Forbidden Journey takes you into the excitement of Harry’s world. You magically fly, zipping by Hogwarts, narrowly avoiding a dragon but not his mist of warm steam, escaping the Whomping Willow, dodging acromantulas (giant spiders) that spit on you and facing Draco Malfoy on the Quidditch pitch. Your seat zooms, dips and launches you through the scenes, which are both animatronic and on-screen. [/item]
I can also picture myself walking through Hogsmeade drinking butterbeer.
- Have a heart to heart with George R.R.Martin and really grill him about some of his plot twists. How cool would it be?
- Have a dream library stocked with tons of first editions and hardcover books. And yes, my dream library should have a ladder. I am currently eyeing this one on ebay.
Of course, it being in Australia and all, this particular shelf is not for me. But if you like it, and if you have a couple of thousand AUD lying around, go for it.
- Hmm, what else. I would love to meet some book bloggers and have a proper bookish chit-chat over tea or drinks. I know many people who blog, but I don’t know too many book bloggers in person. I know I know, I really should call Wanton Ruminating. We’re close bloggy buddies already, we just need to meet one day 🙂 .
- Attend the Jaipur Literary Festival (or any international book fest), and listen to some of my favorite authors speak – Salman Rushdie would be my top choice.
- Be the first to review a particular book in the world. This is a cheesy one, but most books that I read and feature on my blog are the ones already out on the market, which means my book review is probably the tenth or twentieth or even the thousandth review that is out there. It would be cool if I got to review a book first.
Which also means I need to be a little less picky in accepting books, and not google immediately to find out whether the book is worth my time or not. Ouch.
- Actually finish War and Peace someday? I swear I have started and stopped that book at least half a dozen times already.
- Inculcate a love of reading to both my Snubnose and Piglet
What would be in your bookish bucket list?