I am super-thrilled to be participating in a book tour for Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler.
What is the book about?
Star basketball player Chelsea “Nitro” Keyes had the promise of a full ride to college-and everyone’s admiration in her hometown. But everything changed senior year, when she took a horrible fall during a game. Now a metal plate holds her together and she feels like a stranger in her own family.
As a graduation present, Chelsea’s dad springs for a three-week summer “boot camp” program at a northern Minnesota lake resort. There, she’s drawn to her trainer, Clint, a nineteen-year-old ex-hockey player who’s haunted by his own traumatic past. As they grow close, Chelsea is torn between her feelings for Clint and her loyalty to her devoted boyfriend back home. Will an unexpected romance just end up causing Chelsea and Clint more pain-or finally heal their heartbreak?
This blurb sounds pretty interesting and a welcome change from generic school stories, and I am really looking forward to reading it and sharing my thoughts. I am also planning a short discussion session with the other reviewers who are participating in this book tour.
So, mark your calendars. April 30th will be Playing Hurt day on my blog :).
Other participants in the book tour are:
- 15th April- Halinor and Kiwi will begin the tour with a guest post and reviews here @ Assortments
- 30th April- I will be doing a book discussion
- 15th May-Crooked @ The Crooked Bookshelf will be doing an author Interview with Holly Schindler
- 30th May- Shwetha @ The Book Journal will be doing a review
- 15th May- Misha @ My Love Affair with Books will be hosting an International give-away!
So, lots of excitement. If you are interested in Holly Schindler, do make sure to follow her book blog tour on our blogs.