from Sumana over at IREAD…
The award asks that you make a list of ten things that make you happy. Here is my list:
- Receiving awards from bloggers whose blogs you love. Thanks again Sumana for making my day 🙂
- Receiving comments on posts that I have really taken pains to write.
- Having some special mommy-daughter time with the snubnose where just the two of us go out and do some fun stuff together, and completely enjoy being silly.
- Seeing my waistline shrink (a phenomena that occurs very rarely, unfortunately)
- Getting appreciation/raise at work.
- Reading a book that really tickles my funny bone. Any P.G Wodehouse book generally does the trick for me, but I particularly love the Blandings series. Well-written chick-lit ala Bridget Jones also works. Nothing more depressing than reading bad chick-lit though.
- Traveling to new places
- Shopping – especially when I score a great bargain or manage to discover some new and wonderful shop that I can share with my friends.
- Nice fullthoo gossip session with my friends over drinks and dinner, where we get totally wasted and end up laughing uncontrollably 🙂
- Food rich in serotonin like pasta and chocolates will always do the trick if none of the above is happening in my life 🙂
I now pass on the happiness to some of my other favorite bloggers out there who always bring a smile to my face:
- Shilpa from A Rose is a Rose is a Rose for her witty take on day-to-day life.
- Alita from Alita.reads because I love how she combines such appropriate soundtracks with the books she’s reading.
- Aimee from My Fluttering Heart because who cannot smile at the pinkness and the beautiful imagery of her blog. I literally drooled over those macarons, Aimee…keep them coming. Also, she’s got some really awesome blogs listed on the sidebar.
- Kal from At Pemberley because we seem to always love the same books.
- Shona from Shona’s Book Shelves because I am so happy she’s getting back to blogging 🙂
I also received another award from Kal some time ago. This is the lovely blog award. Thank you, Kal 🙂
I need to pass this award on to 5 new bloggers that I have recently discovered, and I pass these awards on to:
- Shweta from Book Journal
- Gautami from Everything Distils into Reading
- Bermudaonion from Bermudaonion’s Weblog
- Jenny from Jenny’s Books
- Layman from Revelations
Thanks for the awards folks, and for the chance to spread the cheer 🙂
For the bloggers who received the “happy” awards, I would love to read your posts on what makes you happy.