I came to find out that World Chocolate Day was being celebrated on September 4th through Radio One. And I immediately knew I had to do a post on it.
Unfortunately, it took me some time to decide what to write in honor of chocolate, only to find out that some of the best and brightest people in the world have already said it. So, here for your reading pleasure, is a collection of some amusing quotes about chocolate.
Random chocolate quotes taken from here:
- Man cannot live on chocolate alone, but woman sure can – Unknown author
- If one swallows a cup of chocolate only three hours after a copious lunch, everything will be perfectly digested and there will still be room for dinner – Brillat-Savarin (famed French gastronome)
- Diet tip: Eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It’ll take the edge off your appetite, and you’ll eat less – Unknown author
- I have this theory that chocolate slows down the aging process. It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance? – Unknown author
- If you get melted chocolate all over your hands, you’re eating it too slowly – Unknown author
- Nine out of ten people like chocolate. The tenth person always lies – John Q. Tullius
- Researchers have discovered that chocolate produces some of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana. The researchers also discovered other similarities between the two but can’t remember what they are – Matt Lauer
- Momma always said life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get – Forrest Gump
- My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&M’s and a chocolate cake. I feel better already – Dave Barry
- Among life’s mysteries is how a two-pound box of chocolate can make a person gain five pounds – Unknown author
- Chocolate is a perfect food, as wholesome as it is delicious, a beneficent restorer of exhausted power. It is the best friend of those engaged in literary pursuits – Baron Justus von Liebig (1803-1873), German chemist
Hah! Since, I am currently engaged in literary pursuits (aka updating my blog), I think it entitles me to some chocolate. Off I go now…
And for all you readers, here is a belated virtual chocolate cake from me. Hope it tempts you enough to celebrate World Chocolate Day all over again today 🙂