Ms Mazolla at State of Denmark is conducting a meme, where bloggers answer a few questions about their attitudes and motivations. I am doing this survey almost a month later, and so it’s probably not useful to her. However, since, I enjoyed reading other people’s survey responses, I thought I would participate too.
- How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging since November 2007
- Why did you start blogging?
I used to read a couple of personal blogs that my friends wrote about their lives, families, thoughts and so on. I was thrilled about the idea of keeping an online journal about my life. However, once I started I found some things to be too personal, so my blog has finally evolved into an “almost a book review blog”, although I blog about a lot of other things as well.
- What have you found to be the benefits of blogging?
I love looking back at all the memories of what I experienced at a particular point in time. I also love the opportunity to pen my thoughts.
- How many times a week do you post an entry?
2-3 times a week
- How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis?
I read about 5-6 blogs regularly
- Do you comment on other people’s blogs?
If I am in and out of the blog quickly, no. If I end up reading at least a couple of posts, then yes.
- Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? Is so, are you satisfied with your numbers?
Yes, I do keep track. I am fairly satisfied with the number of visitors. I am blown away by the geographical map of visitors (Samoa! French Guiana! wow!).
But as far as numbers go, I really don’t know what to make of them. More than half my visitors come from Google, probably searching for something very specific, so my blog probably does not always correspond to what they are searching for.
I definitely wish for more comments 🙂
- Do you ever regret a post that you wrote?
- Do you think your audience has a true sense of who you are based on your blog?
I am not sure, I should hope so.I think regular readers have a pretty clear picture of me.
- Do you blog under your real name?
- Are there topics that you would never blog about?
Yes, some personal stuff that could cause offense to people I know
- What is the theme/topic of your blog?
I review all the places I’ve been to, books I’ve read, movies I’ve seen. Basically, this blog is a list of my experiences – good, bad, and ugly!
- Do you have more than one blog? If so, why?
No, I have only one blog, but I am seriously considering creating a secondary book review blog as my blog is currently overrun with book reviews, and it would be nice to move it elsewhere and reduce the clutter. Unfortunately, I want to create the new blog on Blogger, however, I do not find any easy way to move my book reviews from WordPress to Blogger, and so I am a bit stuck there.
If anyone can help me in this, please respond with a comment 🙂
Hope you found these answers interesting. If you would like to participate in this survey, blog about this and link back to me. I would love to read it.