In this funny article in The Guardian, the reporter interviews Michelin award-winning chefs about their favorite guilty pleasure foods. The stuff that came out was quite surprising ranging from Burger King cheese burgers to Filet-o-fish from McDonald’s.
This is a fun article and actually quite reassuring to read. Reading the comments at the end of the article is even more fun, almost everyone has a few guilty pleasures.
Since, the article is now closed for commenting, I thought I would list my guilty pleasures here (in no particular order of preference, and not limited to food):
- Ooty Chocolates (especially the mint flavor). Not only am I guilty of this, but I have spread the mania to dozens of co-workers by bringing boxes of the stuff to office to distribute
- Baskin Robbins ice-cream – I don’t think there is a flavor they have that I don’t love
- Subway subs and cookies – yumm!
- Maggi noodles – the good ole Masala flavor
- Stardust and Cine Blitz magazines – all the gossip, the salaciousness. Best way to enjoy a rainy afternoon!
- Rereading Georgette Heyer, Agatha Christie, Enid Blyton, Victoria Holt novels-occasionally even a Mills n Boon
- Random driving just for the sake of it – yes, even in Bangalore traffic, I just love it, and when I am speeding up on the Outer Ring Road, I sometimes like to pretend that I am an F1 driver
There, now I have unloaded … you tell me, what are your guilty pleasures in life?