Went to watch this movie with my friends to my fave theatre – Fame Lido. Favorite because of the following reasons:
- Closest to my house
- Parking is only Rs. 20 regardless of the time spent
- Food court is decent
Now on to the movie. Typical teenage love story, but with a slight twist. There is no parental opposition, no dramatic villains, and no sob stories. So what does this movie have to offer? It is a light halka-phulka love story, not too deep and quite funny in places. You have a hero that is easy on the eyes (Imran Khan), and a bubbly vivacious heroine (Genelia d’ Souza). Have to say though that her freshness, innocence and charm that she displayed in “Boys” is not seen as much here. She is a lot more subdued than I expected. But overall, still nice. There is the standard gang of school mates and loads of good teenage-style fun.
Nice things about the movie:
- The chemistry between the lead pair and the group of friends
- The performances of Naseeruddin Shah (in a special appearance) and Ratna Pathak Shah (one of my favorites who appears in far too few movies), and Paresh Rawal
- Very hummable music
- The opening credits (very innovatively done and probably copied from a Hollywood movie) but very nice all the same. Sets the tone for the rest of the movie.
Not so nice things:
- Predictable story-line
- Slightly dragging second-half
Generally, a good timepass movie, which you can enjoy once watching with friends.